Saturday, April 9, 2016

Blog Post: 4/8/16

So, once again I have spent more time with Dr. Mohty who is the medical professional that I am shadowing while trying to fully wrap my head around the American Medical system. Things are pretty complicated and there is usually a lot going on at the same time but I having a lot of fun. I am also, of course, learning a lot so all is quite good.

Now, I have really talked about the flow a lot of this urgent care center because I truly think it is fascinating and cool. I mean, in the rural areas, there was a lot more disorganization because so many things were happening so fast. She was so busy that we didn't have time to really arrange a lot of things before they happened. We were also so on the move and always exhausted from working all day that we did not really spend a lot of time organizing different things.

However, I did spend a better portion of my time with her organizing certain medical documents in alphabetical order. First, I separated the exam results to letters sent by colleagues which depict what that patient went through with that doctor such as a cardiologist appointment or a surgery. After that I properly threw away all of the medical tests that were over a year old. Then, after that I put the medical tests in alphabetical order and sorted out the letter by date. After that I put them all in special files, and stowed them away. Also, if we are speaking on organizing, I organized the entire medicine cabinet as well.

Thank you for reading! Keep it cool in the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a preference so far between working in a rural area or in a city? What are the pros and cons of both systems?

    ReplyDelete