Monday, April 18, 2016

Blog Post: 4/18/16

Hey guys! This week has not been very busy or as hectic as they have been in the past. Talk about a much needed break! 

So, recently I have been working on my Senior Research Presentation, which has been quite difficult. What I have been doing a lot of lately is doing a lot of research, trying to assemble my different points and observations as to make some concrete points on the matter. I, as everyone else does while doing research, have run into a few different problems. For instance, as you all know, I shadowed a French rural doctor and not an American one. This is problematic because a lot of the research I am doing is centered around the problems of American rural medical professionals. 

One way I have found to solve this is by just using the research on American Rural medicine and also just general on rural medicine. I then just describe the basic differences between French and American medicine to show the that there are not as many differences as we think. Hopefully, this along with some more research I did on global rural medical practices, I can have a more full study of rural medicine and be able to compare it to American Urgent Care. 

Anyways, I know this blog post was not exactly all about the science or patient care of medical practices but I hope it illustrated to you a little about my research quandaries. Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. It's been great keeping up with all the work you've been doing, and learning about the differences and similarities between the different cultural medical practices. I'm excited to attend your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been awesome following your weekly blogs, and I will be excited to attend your presentation! You should add some personal touches and your experiences into the research as well to give a different perspective!

    ReplyDelete